Monday 30 July 2012

Mon 30th July 2012- day 32

I am currently lying in my tent and I can hear Cognac grazing the grass just outside.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes, I've been trying to update the blog from my phone as I've got very behind with it. The problem is my phone is quite fiddly and keeps 'predicting' what I'm going to write and changes the words without me realising. When I get access to a laptop and some free time I will clean the mistakes up!

Cognac and I are currently 1 mile from the Scotland/ England border and both of us are feeling and looking well.

We originally started off doing five days riding and then one day off, however Cognac was gradually loosing weight and as I wasn't giving him regular hard feed by the time we reached Loch Lomond we took also a week out to give him chance to rest and put condition on. Since we left there we have been riding for three days and then having a day off and this suits us much better. I am also trying to stay with as many horsey folk as possible do that we do have access to hard feed. Cognac is now looking and feeling fab and is maintaining his condition. I got a weigh tape in Drymen to help me monitor his condition more accurately.

We also have got into a routine of our own. Our days generally pan out as follows:
7.30am Cognac gets fed
8.30am Cognac gets tacked up
9.00am set out for the day
Cover 5 miles
10.30am 30 min graze
Cover 5 miles
12.30pm 1hr graze
Cover 5 miles
3.00pm 30 min graze
Cover 5 miles
5.00pm arrive at accommodation


No comments:

Post a Comment