Wednesday 5 September 2012

23/08/12 Shifnal to Wyre Forest

From Shifnal we rode over to a farm, Little Meaton farm, near Wyre Forest, I were still following the Sabrina Way but as I had found it very over grown and impassible in places at some points we varied away from the route, or chose to ride down a short section of B road to avoid a lengthy detour.

Quite a few good sections of bridleway today, again pretty uneventful except for riding along a bendy, fast B road (that I would like to point out that a lot of bridleways crossing it and the beware of horses warning signs) and getting yelled out out of a passing car window by a lady: something along the lines of "use a bridleway"

We stopped at a pub about three miles away from the farm as I was hungry and needed to use the conveniences. I turned out to be a good stop as not only did i receive sponsorship I also managed to convince a gentleman to bring Cognac a bowl of horse feed for breakfast to the farm (Jackie had offered me as much horse feed as I could carry as I knew that I wouldn't be able to get any at the farm, however this meant that I could give him a good evening feed, instead of having to split it between a night feed and a morning feed).

When I reached the farm I was greeted by a lovely, jolly lady, Mrs Guest who showed me to the orchard, where i could put Cognac for the night. There was plenty of grass, however it wasn't enclosed so I asked if there was anywhere else that was enclosed, so she then showed me to the orchard, which was enclosed and had sheep and goats and alsorts in. I un- tacked Cognac and let him loose, but the dogs next door kept barking at us and Mrs Guest said they were her sons dogs and went to talk to him.

Mrs Guest then came back with her son and he said that he was sorry i couldn't park my horse in that field overnight as his dogs would bark all night, he was also worried about him eating the apples and plums off the trees and getting sick, so Mrs Guest showed us to a field at the bottom of the farm, which was perfect- lots of grass and enclosed! A this point I was offered a bed at Mr and Mrs Guest's house and also a shower and something to eat at their sons house. Both of which was greatly received after a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment