Wednesday 5 September 2012

20/08/12 Cannock . Rest and recuperation with Robin and Catherine.

I really enjoyed my stay at Cannock with Robin and Catherine. We had meet, by chance, a few days earlier when we had stopped at a pub for a mid day rest and Robin and Catherine had very kindly offered us to stay when we reached Cannock. So a couple of days later we phoned and it was all arranged, we had originally been invited to stay for one night, but that soon turned into two and subsequently three nights.

Robin and Catherine had a horse each and the rest of the stables we rented out, it was a lovely yard with a very friendly, calm feel. Cognac went out in a paddock on his own with lots of grass and horses over the fence. We were allowed as much hard feed as we needed, so Cognac got a few days of good hard feed in his belly and some much needed rest.

While we were there we took the opportunity to get Cognac shoes redone. Catherine had to ring round about five farriers to finally get one who was available for the next day.

Everyone I met during my stay was so friendly and really interested in Cognac and my journey and we received some very generous sponsorship money. It was arranged for me to stay with Jackie for the next night. When the morning came for us to leave it was tough to stay good bye. We had both been made to feel so welcome and comfortable and I really hope I get chance to visit again soon (minus pony!)

No comments:

Post a Comment