Monday 2 January 2012

First days of training

Yesterday I took both horses out for a half hour hack each. It was pouring with rain so I put on my waterproof trousers, rockfish reflective jacket and wellies. I also took cognac out in a reflective rain sheet. I was quite surprised that I stayed mosly dry, but it did get me thinking about how I would cope if I had to spend all day out in the rain and the set up a tent and try and cook food. I was worried about my panniers leaking, but have been advised to line them with bin liners and then wrap everything in plastic bags. It was my first hack with Harry today as until now iv only ridden him in the school, for this reason I took him out with two other horses. I was really pleased with him and found him really forward going, if a bit kern and excitable!

No comments:

Post a Comment