Thursday 5 January 2012

Buying maps

I just went on Amazon and ordered six OS Explorer maps, covering Cornwall and Devon, can't wait for them to arrive! I know that I am going to follow the Kernow horse trail through Cornwall, but I still need maps to follow, especially if I come off the trail at any point, and also to find my accommondation each night, which will be off the trail. I'm not sure of my route through Devon yet, so I hope I have managed to choose the right maps. I want to go through the north of Dartmoor and then head north- east towards Bristol via Cheddar. Once I have decided on my rote through these maps I can get my next set and do the same- I am heading for the Pennine Bridleway, which ends near Derby.

Today I took Harry for a 30 min hack in high winds, where he proceeded to neigh most of the way- very irritating! But the was well behaved. I then took Cognac out for 1hr and 15mins with a friend, and he was an angel as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment