Saturday 25 August 2012

Rain stops play

We overslept the next morning and woke up to the sound of rain on the tent- day off!!Josey said it was fine to stay another night and the lovely Sandy (who lives next door to Josey) brought us out cups of tea and bannanas! We went to get some food, found a local tack shop and got a new lead rope as I had manged to lose ours a couple of days ago and we also brought another bag of conditioning cubes for Cognac.

How a day can fly by! At this point I pretty much passed out and slept like a baby, until Jez shook me awake in a bit of a flurry saying that he had to leave now or he'd be late for work! While I slept he had set up my one man tent and moved all my stuff into it! He moved me over in my sleepy state and got to work taking down the two man tent to pack into his car. We said a hurried goodbye and I told him to drive safely and Cognac and I were all alone again.

It is strange that when Cognac and I are just travelling together I feel fine and everyone tends to ask if I get lonely, but I don't tend to when it is just Cognac and myself as I am always busy and there are always plenty of people to talk to and it is great when I get to see Jez, but it alters the feeling of the trip for a few days and it takes a day to get used to, at which time he is off again and then there is a gap left and that is the only time I feel lonely and think about home.

So feeling this way and now wide awake I crawled out of my tent to check on Cognac and not being able to see him, I walk across the field to find him sitting down at the back of the field, I walked over and sat between his legs, with my back against his side and looked out- he has certainly choosen the best vantage point in the field and after the busy day the air felt really calm and dreamlike. With a groan Cognac laid flat out on the floor and had a 10 minute snooze- I like to think that he knew he could relax as I would look out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment