Friday 22 June 2012

last minute preparations

Eric Gillie Horse Transport got in contact with me this morning to let me know that they were now going to pick Cognac up on Monday (I won't see him for FOUR days before we start our ride!). I was also contacted by Jane Hunt at the Midhurst and Petworth Observer, who is going to come along with a photograph to get some photos  off Cognac setting off for Scotland. I am also going to send an update each week, with a photo, of where Cognac and I are and how we are getting on. Jez and myself are planning to set off Tuesday morning on our 14 hour! drive to the top of Scotland. We are going to take our three man tent and will find somewhere to stop overnight. We are also thinking of stopping at some of the places I am planning to stay at on my ride to drop off some horse feed. We also had Duane the farrier tighten up the clenches on Cognac's shoes today, I am currently working out (trying to guesstimate!) where we will need to get new shoes fitted and trying to get some contacts for farriers in that area- farriers get booked up well in advance and have their regular clientele, but it is very difficult to know when Cognac's shoes will need replacing. I'd rather under- estimate than over- estimate as we can't get very far fast on worn or loose shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment