Saturday 31 December 2011

First day of official fitness training tomorrow! I've now got two ponies to get fit, Cognac and Harry. Hopefully all the riding will get me fit too, although I do plan to fit some cross training, swimming and running and yoga to keep my muscle supple and loose. The ponies will be hacking in walk and trot for the next 6 weeks to build up a good base level of fitness. Although Cognac has been hacking out this month, Harry hasn't done any work for a few months now so they will both be starting their training from different points and I expect Cognac to get fitter quicker than Harry because of his type and temperament. This month I will also be playing with getting the horses used to each other and maybe turned out together and I'm going to put a tent in their field to see what they think! Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment