Wednesday 28 March 2012

Change of Plans

I have recently had a massive change of plans as I am no longer taking two horses and riding and leading, but now only taking Cognac, my 22 year old thoroughbred. Harry's owners have recently had a change of situation that mean they need to sell him ( anyone interested can get in contact and I can pass on contact details). This mean that I no longer have a back up horse and also will have to carry less equipment. I feel it would be unfair of me to expect Cognac to carry a tent so this makes finding accommodation more difficult.

On the accommodation front I have booked a whole weeks accommodation now, which I will update on my dates page. I am now looking at my route down the Great Glen Way.

Now that I am doing longer rides with Cognac I took a trip to my feed merchants, H.M Scarterfields to have a chat with them about suitable horse feed for my ride. I am planning on bagging the feed up before hand and then posting it to my accommodation stops, as it would be impossible for me to carry six weeks worth of horse feed with me.

I have also been looking at saddlebags and hope to purchase some tonight, which I with have a play with and decide if I need more carrying space before maybe buying another set for in front of the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment